Here is a basic outline of the schedule that I have set up for the two-year-olds at Joyful Spirits. Keep in mind that two-year-olds seldom stay on schedule, so my plans may end up very different than what we actually complete in our 2 1/2 day! At least this will give a sense of what I am trying to accomplish, though:
9:30am Drop Off- Bye Mom! See you in a few hours!
Social Skills- Circle Time: Opening Song, Energizing Exercises, Introduction and Review of the day's lessons
Sensory Skills- Arts and Crafts (Mondays); Music (Wednesdays); Story of the Day will fit into these themes
Practical Life- Cleanup, Hygiene (hand-washing), Snacktime (Children are involved in preparing their own snacks.) Cleanup and potty breaks after snacks.
Discovery Time- The children have a variety of activities to build their own abilities at their own pace. Once they have chosen an activity to work on, I show them how to complete the task, then they are able to attempt to master it themselves.
Academics- Traditional learning sources are used to reinforce the skills/themes of the day/week/month.
Social Skills- Circle Time: Closing Song and Relaxing Exercises to finish the day.
12:00pm- Welcome back, Mommy!
Note that I don't have times listed; this is intentional, as I never want to rush a child out of an activity that he/she may be engrossed in simply to stick to a schedule. At this age, everything we do is an opportunity for learning and discovery!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.